the purpose of the china post-doctoral science foundation is to promote innovative research of outstanding post-doctoral researchers with potential of development and innovative ability, and to cultivate a high-level innovative post-doctoral talent team. in 2019, there will be great changes in the types of projects and funding standards by the china post-doctoral science foundation. two batches of standard projects, two batches of special projects, and one batch of project for outstanding academic publications will be founded. recently, the china postdoctoral science foundation released the guidelines for application of funds of the china postdoctoral science foundation (2019).
1. types of founded projects
(1) standard funds. standard funds are to grant post-doctoral researchers start or supplemental funds for independent innovation research during their post-doctoral studies. the receivers of the funds are determined by communication evaluation by the experts in the fields. the funds include first-class and second-class. for natural sciences, the standard of first-class funds has been raised from 80,000 yuan to 120,000 yuan; the standard of second-class has been raised from 50,000 yuan to 80,000 yuan. for social sciences, the standards of first-class and second-class are 80,000 yuan and 50,000 yuan, respectively. in 2019, about one-third of the post-doctoral researchers will be founded. the funds will be inclined to basic research.
(2) special funds. special funds include the funds granted before the post-doctoral research and the funds granted during the post-doctoral research.
a. the special funds granted before the post-doctoral research is to attract newly graduated outstanding ph.d. students (including foreign and returned doctoral students) from home and abroad to carry on post-doctoral research. in 2019, 400 post-doctoral researchers will be funded with a standard of 180,000 yuan.
b. the special funds granted during the post-doctoral research is to encourage post-doctoral researchers to enhance their innovative abilities, and to support outstanding individuals. in 2019, about 1,000 post-doctoral researchers will funded with standards of 180,000 yuan for natural sciences and 150,000 yuan for social sciences.
2. the application requirements and materials shall be implemented in accordance with the relevant requirements of the guidelines for funds of the china postdoctoral science fund (2019)
3. the deadlines for acceptance of application materials.
- standard funds for the first half of 2019: february 25th 2019
- special funds granted during the post-doctoral research: march 8th 2019
- special funds granted before the post-doctoral research: april 15th 2019
- standard funds for the second half of 2019: september 2nd 2019
- funds for outstanding academic publications of 2019: may 27th 2019